After working like a horse for weeks at the office or doing some difficult chores at home, you decided that it is time to give yourself a well-deserved gift. What should it be? You want something that can be of great value to your household – such as a Panini press, perhaps? And why not? This panino-making appliance is one of the most reliable gadgets that you can have in your kitchen top. Not a day will pass that you will not use it to cook and prepare food for yourself and the family.
It is the perfect gift to have if you love to toast sandwiches, or cook any other delicious meals at home – fast and easy. Remember that even if you are busy at work or an individual who is on the go, this does not mean that you will not be able to whip out yummy and nutritious meals right in your kitchen.
Do not restrict yourself to foods that are bought in restaurants – whether fast food, casual, or fine dining. Apart from being expensive, it is not a good habit to dine out as far as your health is concerned. More often than not, restaurants serve dishes that you don’t have control over its nutritional value. This is a problem especially if you are restricted to a particular diet. And you must be aware that many dishes in restaurants and eateries serve meals that are rich in artificial flavorings.
Notice how restaurant foods are either too salty or too salty in taste. Obviously, many food establishments enhance the natural flavor of their food by liberally using salt and sugar. These too ingredients that what make restaurant foods addicting. Sadly, too much consumption of salt and sugar messes up one’s health. Another thing, restaurant foods are likely to be loaded in calories, which in turn, make you gain weight that you don´t want, in the first place.
If you are someone who wants to make time cooking great tasting meals that come with all the necessary nutrients, it is time to buy a Panini maker. Even the simplest one will suffice as it will allow you to cook healthy food and prepare your very own sandwiches in a jiffy.
You know that you will consume the healthiest meal because you cooked it yourself. You can also be sure that you use only the best and freshest ingredients. In other words, you have full control with what you cook, which is great food not only for your consumption, but for the family as well.
Panini press is nice to have as a gift. Not only is it highly useful, but it can also be as affordable as you want it to be. It depends on your needs as well as the budget that you have for the appliance. For instance, you can consider those in the range of 20 and 100 dollars. These devices have some of the basic features and functions that you will want to see in a press.
Some is so simple that you can cook a cheese sandwich one or a maximum of two at the time. Just remember to prepare a moderately thick sandwich. If you go for the most basic types of machine, it’s likely that the hinges are not adjustable. Hence, don’t attempt to make sandwiches that are too thick lest they will become deformed and make the fillings spill on the sides.
There are also the commercial type, which run in the hundreds of dollars to a thousand. Here is an example, which boasts of many features and is capable of cooking and preparing multiple sandwiches all at the same time. Hence, you are doing yourself a favor if you decide to consider this as a gift and own a restaurant. Needless to say, it is perfect for use in a busy cafe or deli shop that is deluged with continuous orders throughout the day.
Panini maker allows you to go beyond the usual and ordinary Panino recipes, not just that of sandwiches, but meat, vegetables, egg, among many others. With this appliance, you can become experimental in your cooking. Depending on the type of ingredients that you have, you will be able to come up with the most innovative dishes with a unique tastes that´s distinctly yours.
1. Try breads other than the traditional ones
With a press of your own, you can make any type of sandwich that´s according to your liking. You may also use the fillings that you have in your kitchen. With literally hundreds of bread types, you can make use of them, and not just foccacia or ciabatta, or the sourdough bread, three of the most common breads used in preparing a panino.
Any bread type can actually be used to prepare a Panino, with the sandwich that you will create surely to come out delicious and a hit to your kids. If you like a sandwich that’s overflowing with fillings, you must use breads that are large enough to be able to accommodate them and avoid messy spills.
If possible, skip the use of the ordinary bread because they are quite thin and less dense. A pair of slices will have difficulty holding a great quantity of fillings. To cite an example, if you intend to use fillings with sauces such as the meat and carrots from last night’s beef stew that you want to recycle, or juicy vegetables like tomato slices, these tend to soak the bread. It’s advisable to go for the thick ones instead.
2. Go for different varieties of omelet
With this kitchen counter device, you can cook omelet in totally new ways that you might want. Don’t be limited to having just the couple of eggs beaten in a bowl, with some salt and pepper thrown in. You can be imaginative by putting in some mushroom and bits of bacon. Mix them with the eggs in the bowl before you pour everything into the hot grill. After a few minutes, what you have is something that tastes heavenly – from a simple ingredient such as the egg. Try mixing it with cream (or milk) and dices potatoes can be a delight as well.
3. Use parsley bits and olive oil
These two ingredients are a staple whenever I want to invent or tweak recipes whenever I use the press. For instance, I love salmon dipped in a bit of lemon juice. Then, I brushed it with olive oil before putting in a preheated grill. Finally, I finish off with some sprinkling of parsley bits and garlic powder. Definitely, this makes for a delicious meal on any day.
Forget about the toaster, the Panini press is without a doubt a must-have, being one of the most versatile kitchen appliances that you can own. It cooks a great variety of recipes – and so it means that you will not be limited to just toasting sandwiches – but all other foodstuff as well. It can skillet, grill, broil, fry, singe, charbroil. You’re a chef? Whatever cooking method you might like to employ – the Panini grill and press can do it.
So, what really makes it versatile? Perhaps, it one of the few appliances in the kitchen that can create a great meal out of simple ingredients. Did you know that you can also cook crepes and sweet cones to complement a nice bucket of ice cream that you can enjoy eating with the kids? What else can it cook? You can whip up delicious tortillas and similar meals. That’s how versatile it can be, really. The possibilities seem so endless with this device.
1. Finally, you can enjoy indoor barbeque – You just love BBQ but unfortunately, you don’t have any outdoor space to do it. At the same time, you can’t stand those indoor grills that produce voluminous white smoke that can smother just about everyone in the household. You don’t have to give up eating this spicy and saucy grilled delicacy as Panini grills are perfect to be used as indoor barbeque grill. A good example is the Cuisinart grill and panini press, which is perfect for grilling purposes.
Maybe it is already the rainy season, hence, it’s virtually impossible to hold a barbeque dinner. This grill for perfect delicious BBQ come rain or come shine. An added bonus is that you don’t need to worry about dirty and greasy grills. Instead, you enjoy a night of relaxation, watching the TV or chatting with family or friends immediately after having your BBQ dinner since minimal cleaning is necessary.
2. You’ll be 100% sure that chicken is thoroughly cooked
– Go for deboned chicken, and smaller and thinner meat – this will ensure a thoroughly cooked meat. Do not forget to use your favorite sauces, particularly ones that will go well with chicken meat. Marinate the chicken beforehand, overnight if possible, to ensure enhanced flavour. The best thing about cooking meat in this kitchen device is that grill marks are added, making the dish more presentable and attractive to those to whom it will be served. No need to worry about kids not finishing up their meal as this grilled chicken will surely taste heavenly.
3. Want to come up with something from Panini sandwich maker other than a Panino? Enjoy grilled steaks – Are Panino press-cooked steaks possible? Yes, of course, it can be done – and the result is a hot, juicy, and delicious steak that you and your family will truly love. Cook your meat at least 10 minutes, this ensures that it is properly cooked. Don’t make it too thick; go for a moderate thickness to make sure that it is done evenly all throughout the meat. Of course, before you lay your steak on the surface, preheat it already to a high temperature. Most modern appliance have settings that indicate which heat is for a particular type of food. Choose the temperature for meat. The nice part about using panini grills for grilling meat is that it drains unwanted excessive fats- rendering your meal to be the healthiest that you can have.
4. Time to grill some pork chop – Grilling is a method that you can do well when using a Panino press grill, for instance, a Cuisinart Griddle. This is a kitchen appliance that you can cook various meats, including pork chop. It will grill the pork chop to utter perfection, rendering char marks on its surface. At the same time, it is effective in cooking the middle portion but will not dry the meat, instead it will be properly cooked and juicy in the middle. In other words, you are assured of the crispiest and most delicious outside part of the chop, while the middle part is truly moist. Depending on the temperature that you set your appliance, the meal is done and ready to be served on the table in 15 to 20 minutes, much like in the case of steak.
5. The Letter “V” stands for both Versatile Panini maker and Vegetables
– Before you even ditch the idea of grilling vegetables, you must know that a great variety of seemingly simple leafy vegetables and legumes, ones that you think have bland taste, can become gastronomic delights if you grill them. And you can be sure that you are able to perform the grilling right in your kitchen using your very own pannini press.
That is right – all you have to do is buy the freshest bunch of asparagus, wash, place them on top of the preheated surface, brush with some butter or margarine, and sprinkle some salt and pepper. And in a few minutes you have the most gorgeous and delectable plate of grilled asparagus. They are sure to turn out so tasty that even your kids will love to have them as part of their meal. Ideally, you can use grilled vegetables as yummy side dishes to your steak or fish fillet. What a great combo!
Do you have a restaurant or café where you serve all sorts of paninis and gourmet sandwiches? Perhaps, you use a commercial Panini press to churn out grilled meat dishes, many at a time.
Indeed, there is so much that you can do if you own a restaurant and has a press as one of your reliable kitchen appliances. With this implement, you are able to add many more delicious and appealing choices in your menu list – to the delight of your guests.
You don’t need to worry about it using space in your restaurant’s kitchen since it is compact and small, compared with other typical appliance like a food processor or oven. Also, you don’t have to deal with complicated power requirements just to use your panino grill. You only need to plug it in and wait for a few minutes for it to get heated and soon you can accept all the orders that your guests want for their lunch or dinner.
Beautifully toasted gourmet sandwiches? Salmon grilled to perfection? A plate of seared cherry tomatoes and asparagus in butter? These are such wonderful treats that you can easily cook for your guests with the Paninni press.
Love to cook and eat but absolutely hate the cleaning part of it? Fast and easy is how one can describe the process of cleaning a grill. You don’t have to spend much time making your machine spic and span – only a few minutes is what you need to clean it.
If you just cooked a single or two cheese sandwich, then you may simply use a damp, clean cloth and wipe the surface to remove any bread crumbs or cheese bits hit fell of the sandwich.
In case you used it as a grill to cook slabs of meat, vegetables, or any other food – it is going to be as dirty as it can get, with burnt and dried sauces, meat bits, and grease all over the surface. Indeed, after you grill, what stares you is a messy appliance (most probably, the countertop as well). It’s a good thing that grilling plates are removable, in which case you can take them off after cooking, and only after the appliance has cooled down. Place under warm running water and scrub it well. Even the most stubborn dirt will be removed in no time at all.
Likewise, as in any other gadgets and appliances in the kitchen, it is powered by electricity. Don’t treat it like an ordinary dish plate that you can submerge in water, otherwise, be ready to have the shock of your life. Clean the non-cooking surface with a cloth damp in warm water and scrub any stubborn bits and drippings that you can see.
Of course, cleaning must be down after the appliance has considerably cooked down – this can happen in 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the temperature that you use to cook your food. Be sure always to clean it up once it is cool to the touch. Here are some of the Panini presses that are easy and fast to clean.
There’s no doubt about it, the Panini maker is such a great present to give yourself and others as well on any possible occasion. The best thing about these appliances is that when you buy one, it automatically comes with a cookbook that has hundreds of panini maker recipes – sandwiches and other types of meals.
Of course, the package wouldn’t be complete without a complementary manual that contains step by step instructions on how to properly use it. It is indeed a major piece of kitchen appliance that you must have in your own home. Why wait? Purchase one for yourself already.